Active longevity without stroke!
In the period from 20 to 21 May held another classes at the Health School of HLSF Center, with participation of 35 people.
The main topic in the "Active Longevity" was prevention of stroke - acute disorders of cerebral circulation. A neurologist of preventive department Laila Hadyrpatsha conducts classes.
At the MC Hospital of PAA of the RK program for primary and secondary prevention of stroke in patients with such complication developed.
According to WHO, every year about 10 million people suffer from stroke each year. More than 5 million of people die from stroke - (50% of all strokes). Stroke is on 2nd place in mortality rate after cancer. The average age of stroke - 25-44 years.
Risk factors of Acute Cerebrovascular Event: hypertension, smoking, pathology of the heart, pathology of the main arteries of the head, lipid storage disease, diabetes, hemostatic disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, oral contraceptives, migraine, as well as gender, age, ethnicity, family history.
High risk of stroke group are:
- Patients of any age with a history of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA);
- Patients suffering from rheumatoid lesions of the cardiovascular system, ischemic heart disease, congestive heart failure;
- patients with low left ventricular contractile function according to echocardiography;
- and patients 75 years and older who suffer from hypertension or diabetes.
Moderate stroke risk group include:
- Patients older than 65 years, who is not in the list of high stroke risk;
- Patients younger than 65 years with clinically significant risk factors, including diabetes mellitus, hypertension, peripheral artery disease, coronary heart disease.
Characteristic for stroke clinics - acute, sudden development (within minutes or hours) focal neurological symptoms, according to the affected and involved areas of the brain.
Transient ischemic attack (TIA) is characterized by sudden development of focal symptoms, with complete regression, as a rule, in the period from 5 to 20 minutes from the start of the attack.
Focal symptom is characterized by signs of certain neurological functions disorder in accordance with place (affected area) of brain damage in the form of limbs paralysis, sensation disorder, blindness in one eye, speech disorders, and others.).
Cerebral symptoms - headache, nausea, vomiting, depression of consciousness.
Meningeal signs are expressed in the rigidity of the neck muscles, photophobia, symptoms Kernig etc.).
As a rule, during ischemic stroke cerebral symptoms expressed moderately or absent, and during intracranial hemorrhages cerebral symptoms significant and often meningeal.
When is it necessary to suspect a stroke?
If patient has sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially if it is on one side of the body.
In case of sudden visual impairment or blindness in one or both eyes.
Development of speech disability or words understanding and simple sentences.
Sudden increase of dizziness, loss of balance or disorder of movement coordination, especially when combined with other symptoms, such as impaired speech, double vision, numbness, or weakness.
Sudden development of the patient's depression of consciousness up to coma with a weakening or absence of movement in the arm and leg of one side of the body.
Development of sudden, unexplained, intense headache.
Stroke should be treated as early as possible. It includes the basic and specific therapy.
Strokes are characterized by a tendency to relapse. Stroke prevention is the elimination or correction of risk factors (such as hypertension, smoking, obesity, hyperlipidemia, etc.), dosed physical exercise, healthy diet, the use of antiplatelet agents, and in some cases anticoagulants, surgical correction of gross stenosis of the carotic and vertebral arteries.
According to WHO estimation, 40% of adults have hypertension, and it is the cause of more than nine million annual deaths. Primary prevention. ESO Recommendations:
- Regularly measure your blood pressure and keep constant administration of antihypertensive medications.
- Control blood glucose levels, cholesterol levels.
- Avoid psycho-emotional and excessive physical exercise.
- Early treatment of ischemic heart disease, arrhythmias, atherosclerosis, diabetes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking.
- To control weight, diet rich in fiber, fruits, and vegetables and limit salt and saturated fats.
- Individuals with high body mass index, weight loss diet is recommended.
- Regular graduated exercise.
- Daily administration of basic medications prescribed by doctor: regular administration of individually adjusted medication reduces the risk of stroke for 40%.
Early detection and treatment of hypertension, control of behavioral risk factors, reduces the death rate caused by heart disease and stroke.
During the classes, presentation and video material were used. All participants are given information booklets and leaflets.
Center of healthy lifestyle formation.