Hospital Technologies Assessment and Strategic Development Centre
The Hospital Technologies Assessment and Strategic Development Centre (further – the Centre) as a structural subdivision of the RSE “Medical Center Hospital of the President’s Affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan” on REU has been functioning since April 2015.
The main goal of the Centre
- Assistance in the transfer and implementation of new methods and technologies (innovations) in the practical healthcare of the republic based on the assessment of safety and clinical and economic efficiency (hospital assessment of health technologies)
The main objectives of the Centre
- methodological support for the transfer and implementation of health care technologies into the Hospital practice, taking into account the achievements of modern medical science and technology;
- assessment and selection of health care technologies based on the principles of evidence-based medicine, taking into account clinical effectiveness, safety and economic feasibility for the formation and submission of applications for inclusion in the lists of technologies reimbursed by the guaranteed volume of free medical care and the compulsory social insurance system (medical care, high-tech medical care, tariff classifier of medical services, unique technologies);
- evaluating the feasibility of investing in the introduction of new technologies and innovative projects, as well as re-equipment and upgrading technologies used in the Hospital practice (hospital health technology assessment);
- ensuring interaction with the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan and republican health care organizations in improving innovation activities and transfer of new technologies in the practical healthcare of the republic;
- development of partnership in terms of innovation and evaluation of healthcare technologies with foreign and national professional associations and organizations;
- making and submission of applications for admission to high-tech medical care (HTMC) within the frameworks of the state order;
- organizing and ensuring the development and approval of the Hospital Development Strategy and monitoring the implementation plan for the Strategy.
Center for Hospital Assessment of Healthcare Technologies (AHT) is the first example in Kazakhstan of introduction and use of medical technology (health technology) assessment system at the level of a separate health care organization.
Employees of the Centre regularly publish the results of their own experience in implementing and using the hospital AHT system to make evidence-based management decisions:
- Database of hospital healthcare technology assessment reports
- Main results of scientific and methodological activities of the Center in the hospital AHT
The AHT Center collaborates with the following international organizations:
- Health Technology Assessment international, HTAi, https://htai.org/), where the “Medical Center Hospital of the President’s Affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan” is a member of the hospital AHT working group
- Association of Health Technology Evaluators (Russian Federation), http://htaa.ru/
As part of its activities, the AHT Centre will be glad to cooperate with healthcare organizations, professional associations, manufacturing companies and distributors in the following areas:
- Transfer and introduction of new technologies in the practical healthcare of the republic;
- Testing of new technologies on the basis of the Medical Center Hospital of the President’s Affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Conducting a clinical and economic (including pharmacoeconomical) analysis of the feasibility of introducing various medical technologies into practice (medical equipment, devices and medical products, medicines and biologically active compounds, clinical and diagnostic procedures, IT technologies);
- Conducting a hospital assessment of medical technologies.
1. Andrey Avdeyev – Head of the Center, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), has more than 10 years of experience in health technology assessment, organization and management in health care, author of more than 50 scientific publications, including in international peer-reviewed journals. He is an active member of the International Society for the Assessment of Technologies in Healthcare (HTAi) and the International Society for Research in the Field of Pharmacoeconomics and Clinical Outcomes (ISPOR).
2. Mahabbat Okesh – specialist of the Centre, majored in general surgeon physician. She has more than 7 years of experience in organizing healthcare and improving the tariff setting of medical services.
3. Tansholpan Aimanova - specialist of the Centre, bachelor’s degree in public health, master’s degree in biotechnology. She has more than 5 years of experience in healthcare organization and management, quality monitoring of healthcare services, and medical technology assessment.
4. Aizhan Akzhol - specialist of the Centre, master’s degree in molecular medicine, graduate of Bolashak program with a bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences. She has more than 5 years of experience in scientific research in oncology, as well as experience in introducing new technologies in the diagnosis of brain tumors.
Address: Astana city, st. Е-495, build. 2, block F, 3rd floor, office 42