Traumatology and orthopedics
TRAUMATOLOGY AND ORTHOPEDICS: FASTER, SMALLER, STRONGER
WHAT DOES MINIMALLY INVASIVE MEAN IN TRAUMATOLOGY AND ORTHOPEDICS?
Could you imagine a surgery in which a surgeon would perform the entire manipulation through two incisions only 5 millimeters long? Today medicine not only expands its boundaries in the field of treatment and diagnostics, but also strives to do it beautifully: so that when performing certain manipulations on the patient's body, it does not remain traces and scars, and recovery proceeds much faster. Such operations are also called “mini-invasive” in professional language. Today, they are performed in many areas of surgery, including orthopedics and traumatology at the Presidential Hospital.
WHAT SURGERIES ARE OFFERED BY TRAUMATOLOGISTS AND ORTHOPEDISTS AT THE PRESIDENTIAL HOSPITAL?
Today, traumatologists-orthopedists of the Hospital perform more than 30 types of surgeries for patients with injuries and problems in the joints:
- knee/hip replacement surgeries
- arthroscopic examination of the knee joint
- arthroscopic treatment: damaged meniscus, cruciate ligaments, treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- arthroscopic stabilization of the shoulder in the usual dislocations of the shoulder joint, damage to articular cartilage, deforming arthrosis of the knee joints, instability (subluxation) of the patella
- treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures
- lengthening the legs and correcting the curvature of the legs
- treatment of valgus deformity of the first toe (“bones”, “bumps” on the first toe)
- treatment of fractures of the upper and lower extremities, fractures/dislocations of the clavicle.
- removal of steel structures
- arthrodesis of the ankle joint
- treatment of hand/wrist injuries
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED BY DOCTORS?
One of the low-impact and minimally invasive technologies in traumatology and orthopedics is arthroscopy. “Arthro” means joint, “Scopia” is - examination, therefore, the name of the manipulation literally can be translated as “examination of a joint with a video camera”.
The Presidential Hospital doctors perform arthroscopy on the knee, shoulder and hip joints. This surgery is performed through small punctures in the joint half a centimeter long. Doctors insert a video camera (arthroscope), which helps them to have a closer look at all parts of the joint and hold.
Arthroscopic surgeries are performed on the endoscopic equipment of the world's leading manufacturers (“Karl Storz”, “Karl Zeiss” Germany), electron-optical converter (“Siemens” Germany), for replacement of large joints and metal osteosynthesis in case of bone fractures, the following medical devices are used (“DePuy J&J” USA; “Medtronic” USA; “Stryker” USA; “B. Braun-Aesculap” Germany).
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO CONTACT US?
At our Hospital, we offer the patient not only treatment, but also a program of recovery after surgery for his speedy return to normal life and getting more effect from the manipulation. To do this, our Department of traumatology, orthopedics and eye microsurgery) closely cooperates with the rehabilitation center and of the Presidential Hospital, where the patient can get the services of our physiotherapists, doctors of physical therapy, as well as undergo rehabilitation procedures in the “Health resort” without leaving the Hospital. Thus, we try not only to perform the surgery efficiently, but also to provide the patient with a comprehensive recovery, after which s/he could get well quickly.