Innovation Management Department
Innovation Management Department as a structural division of the RSE “Medical Center Hospital of the President’s Affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (hereinafter - the Hospital) has been functioning since April 2015 and consists of 4 employees.
The main goal of the Department is to assist in the transfer and implementation of new (innovative) and unique medical technologies designed to provide medical care in the Hospital.
The main objectives of the Department are:
1) Methodological support of the transfer and implementation of technologies in the practice of the Hospital, taking into account the achievements of modern medical science and technology.
2) Assessment and selection of medical technologies based on the principles of evidence-based medicine, taking into account the clinical effectiveness, safety and economic feasibility for the formation and submission of applications for inclusion in the Lists of specialized, high-tech (highly specialized) medical care and unique technologies.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Department performs the following functions:
1) forms a plan for the transfer and introduction of new (innovative) and unique technologies;
2) determines, forms and submits applications for inclusion of implemented technologies in the lists of guaranteed volume of free medical care of new and unique technologies;
3) forms proposals for rational and effective use of medical equipment and equipment available in the Hospital;
4) monitors and analyzes the transfer and implementation of medical technologies in the Hospital;
5) provides creation and maintenance of a database on medical technologies of the Hospital;
6) provides training to Hospital staff on transfer and implementation of medical technologies.
Andrey Avdeyev -Head of the Innovation Management Department, MMS, 2nd category in the specialty “Public health”.
He is a current member of the Health Technology Assessment International and the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).