Innovation Management Department
The Innovation Management Department was established in April 2015 as the structural subdivision of the RSE Medical Centre Hospital of the President’s Affairs Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter the Hospital) and is composed of 5 employees.
The primary goal of the Department: assistance in the transfer and introduction of innovative, state-of-the-art, unique medical technologies intended for the provision of medical aid in the Hospital.
Main objectives of the Department include:
1) Procedural guidelines and methodological support of the transfer and introduction of technologies into the Hospital’s practice taking account of the achievements of present-day medical science and technology.
2) Evaluation and selection of medical technologies on the basis of principles of evidentiary medicine taking account of clinical effectiveness, safety and economic expediency for preparation and submission of applications for their inclusion in the Lists of secondary and tertiary medical care and unique technologies.
To accomplish the above stated objectives the Department performs the following functions:
1) prepares the plan of transfer and introduction of innovative, state-of-the-art, and unique technologies;
2) identifies, prepares and submits applications for the inclusion of introduced technologies in the Lists of secondary and tertiary medical care, latest and unique technologies to the Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development and its lower organizations;
3) prepares proposals on rational and effective use of medical equipment and devices available in the Hospital;
4) conducts monitoring and analysis of the transfer and introduction of medical technologies in the Hospital;
5) ensures creation and maintenance of medical technologies’ database of the Hospital;
6) conducts training of the Hospital’s employees on the issues of transfer and introduction of medical technologies.
Potential of the Department’s employees:
All employees have higher education, among them: 4 persons with graduate medical education, 1 person with higher technical education, and 2 persons with additional education in organization of health care; 2 employees with Master’s degree in medicine, 4 employees possess the experience of work with structural subdivisions of the Ministry of HC and SD of the RK, among them 3 employees with the experience in the health technology assessment (HTA), and 1 employee with the experience in diagnosis related groups (DRG). The chief specialist of the Department possesses the experience of operation of medical equipment and devices.
Head of Department Adlet Tabarov is full member of the Central Committee for Ethics Affairs of the Ministry of Health Care and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
4 employees are full members of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), and 3 employees are members of the Health Technology Assessment (HTA-i) international organization since 2012.3 employees are fluent in English.